Residents are encouraged to voice their opinions, thoughts and ideas about Municipality's services and our community. We encourage you to attend Council meetings, open forums and participate in surveys that let Council members know what you're thinking on a number of topics.
As part of our Strategic Communication Plan, in 2018 we will develop a Public Participation Strategy designed to provide structure around how we engage the public, and our reporting and evaluation.
Current Public Participation Opportunities
- There are no formal public participation opportunities at this time. If you would like to speak with someone about a municipal issue, we encourage you to reach out to your Councillor, attend the public hearing portion of an upcoming Council meeting, Policy & Strategy Committee meeting or Audit & Finance meeting. Community groups are also able to make a formal presentation at the above meetings.
Summary of Public Participation 2017
- Six Your Government, Your Ideas meetings (and online survey). Read the report here.
- Two Rural School consultations (and online survey). Read the report here.
- Two Administration Building open houses (and online survey). Report to be made available in the spring of 2018.
- Two Subdivision By-Law Review open houses (and online survey). Report to be made available in the spring of 2018.
- Two Municipal Awareness Week community intercepts
- One LaHave River Straight Pipe Replacement Program open house
- Numerous Area Advisory Committee meetings