The Finance Department is responsible for:
- Financial planning and control with a focus on long-term strategic outlook for the Municipality delivered through six main areas of accountability
- Treasury portfolio management of all investments, cash assets, banking relationships and debt management
- Risk management - all insurance purchases, claims management and risk control
- Financial policy and strategic analysis - research and development including tax policy, economic analysis and performance bench-marking
- Financial management system coordination - systems development and maintenance
- Financial planning and budgets - providing financial planning, monitoring and reporting for the Municipality
Financial services includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, taxes, payroll, procurement and general ledger.
Read the Municipality's Five Year Financial Strategy .