The Municipality of the District of Lunenburg is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment opportunity: Planner 2
Planner 2 (Full-time, Permanent)
Who we are
The Municipality of the District of Lunenburg is a progressive and innovative municipal government on the beautiful South Shore of Nova Scotia. We work collaboratively with other municipalities and are an economic leader.
We value our team members and their contributions to achieving our ultimate goal–providing exemplary service to our residents and visitors. We believe in a healthy work life balance for all employees that respects their personal time and allows them to lead fulfilling, impactful lives. We support the physical and mental health of our team through popular workplace wellness initiatives, generous EFAP services and an excellent benefits package. Lifelong learning is valued – we invest in educational opportunities for our employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, we’re taking action to change and grow to be a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive municipality.
About the role….
The Planner is responsible for the development of local planning documents, which are used to guide and regulate new development activities in identified Plan Areas of the Municipality. The Planner II is responsible in communicating with members of the public, and with Council, in identifying how land use policy will affect development decisions, as it may pertain to specific properties, as well as impact on the overall direction of growth and development in identified communities.
Is this you?
Minimum qualifications include:
• a bachelor’s degree in a Planning-related field, Master of Planning preferable; and
• 2-3 years experience working in the Planning field; OR
• An equivalent combination of education and experience in public policy administration.
• Knowledge of the Nova Scotia Municipal Government Act and related legislation and provincial policies.
• Strong speaking and presentation skills
• Eligible for full membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners and eligible to be a Licensed Professional Planner in Nova Scotia.
Salary: $66,511 - $83,139, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Ashley Chase, Human Resources Officer
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
While we appreciate all candidates who express an interest in coming to work with us, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.