Full-time, permanent position
About the role…
The Municipality of the District of Lunenburg, located along Nova Scotia’s beautiful South Shore, is seeking applicants for the Municipal Clerk position.
This is a professional position with the Administration Department fulfilling the Clerk functions laid out in the Municipal Government Act. The Municipal Clerk manages municipal elections, and formal council procedures, minutes, and records. The Clerk is also responsible for the Municipality’s records management and the development and administration of bylaws, policies, and procedures.
Is this you?
- As the ideal candidate, you possess:
- Post-secondary diploma in business administration and a Certificate in Local Government Administration; and
- A minimum five years’ experience working in local government; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A strong understanding of the Municipal Government Act as it relates to Council functions;
- A high level of organization skills and attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
Terms of Employment:
Full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary range: $54,531 – $67,902.
In addition to salary, MODL offers a comprehensive package of benefits including medical/dental, Defined Benefit pension plan, 4-day workweek option, and other attractive benefits.
- Deadline to apply: Noon, Monday September 27, 2021
While we appreciate your interest in working with MODL, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.