Sustainability Planner (Full‐time, Permanent)
About the role….
The Municipality of the District of Lunenburg is a member of the Partners for Climate Protection (PCP) program. PCP is a network of Canadian municipal governments who have committed to reducing greenhouse gases (GHG) and acting on climate change. PCP is the Canadian component of the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives' (ICLEI) Cities for Climate Protection (CCP) network that comprises more than 600 communities worldwide making the same efforts.
This position will develop and oversee the implementation of the Municipality’s environmental sustainability program with an emphasis on the reduction of corporate and community GHG emissions. The Municipality has completed GHG emissions inventories for corporate operations and for the community. This position will help the municipality and community create emission reduction targets, create and implement action plans to achieve the reduction targets. This position will assist with the preparation of a municipal wide planning strategy to ensure the municipality’s climate adaption and mitigation goals are implemented into planning documents.
Is this you?
- Completion of a University degree or college diploma in environmental science, environmental studies, geography, urban planning, or equivalent in Nova Scotia.
- 1‐2 years directly related experience in a Sustainability or Planning field; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge and interest in the areas of GHG emissions reductions and sustainable development and a good understanding of climate change issues and sustainable development within the context of municipal government;
- Good understanding of community engagement strategies, practices and techniques;
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of GHG software and GHG inventories would be an asset.
Salary: 47,789 – 59,736, commensurate with qualifications.
In addition to salary, MODL offers a variety of other benefits to its employees including, but not limited to:
- Group Benefits plans
- Defined contribution pension plan
- 4‐day work‐week arrangements
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter in confidence to: Ashley Chase, Human Resources Officer
Deadline to apply: Friday April 23, 2021