About the role….
On behalf of the Municipal Joint Services Board, the Lunenburg Regional Community Recycling Centre (LRCRC) serves residents and businesses in the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg and the Towns of Bridgewater and Mahone Bay.
The Part Time Scale Operator/ General Labourer (SOGL) primarily provides back up as a Scale Operator and also performs general labour duties at the Lunenburg Regional Community Recycling Centre (LRCRC). Work will take place within most areas of the LRCRC: scale house, administrative building, landfill transfer station, blue bag tipping floor, cardboard tipping floor, mixed construction and demolition waste piles, shingle pile, wood pile, metal pile and public waste bin drop off area.
Is this you?
As the ideal candidate you have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience with cash-handling, general labour, and/or janitorial work is a strong asset
- Valid NS Driver’s License (Class 5 or better)
- First-aid (required, but employer may provide)
- WHMIS (required, but employer may provide)
- Work during weekdays, occasional Saturdays. Additional hours may be required to cover sick days and vacation time
- Some overtime may be required (i.e. after 5:00 pm weekdays, Saturdays, Holidays)
- Willing to work in areas with exposure to waste and unpleasant odors
- Wear required personal protective equipment at all times
- Some duties will require working alone
- Will be required to occasionally lift objects up to 25 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Repetitive lifting and bending motions
- Will be required to pick up litter on-site occasionally
Wage: $15.00/hr. 32-36 hours per week.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Ashley Chase, Human Resources Officer
Competition #: MJSB2020 SOGL
Applications will be accepted until Noon, July 31, 2020.
While we appreciate your interest in working for the Municipal Joint Services Board, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.