Do you care about Climate Change?
We need members of the public to join the Sustainability Committee. This is an exciting opportunity for those people who would like to actively participate in the discussion of the future of our community through the Local Climate Change Action Plan – visit https://engage.modl.ca/ for more information.
The Sustainability Committee advises Municipal Council on reducing both the corporate and community greenhouse gas emissions by drafting the Local Climate Change Action Plan. Meetings are normally conducted on the second Thursday of every month, starting at 6:30 p.m. The following appointments are available with the possibility of reappointment:
- • 2 member-at-large appointments for a two year term.
- • What interested you in serving as a member of the Committee.
- • What you know about sustainability matters in the Municipality.
- • How you feel you can contribute to the discussion of the Committee.
- • How you would handle a situation where a decision was made that you did not support.
- • Anything that the Municipal Council should know about your qualifications.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this appointment.
This position will remain advertised until filled.