The Finance Department is responsible for:
- Financial planning and control with a focus on long-term strategic outlook for the Municipality delivered through six main areas of accountability
- Treasury portfolio management of all investments, cash assets, banking relationships and debt management
- Risk management - all insurance purchases, claims management and risk control
- Financial policy and strategic analysis - research and development including tax policy, economic analysis and performance bench-marking
- Financial management system coordination - systems development and maintenance
- Financial planning and budgets - providing financial planning, monitoring and reporting for the Municipality
Financial services includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, taxes, payroll, procurement and general ledger.
Read the Municipality's pdf Five Year Financial Strategy (205 KB) .