The Municipality of the District of Lunenburg has established guidelines for various grants to non-profit and charitable organizations. The PRO Kids bursary is available specifically to families and youth. For specific information on each category, including deadlines, eligibility, and an application form, click on the appropriate category below.
- pdf Policy MDL-43 (1.96 MB) , "Community Grants Program/Sponsorship Request".
- pdf Policy MDL-53 (1023 KB) , "Comfort Centre Generator Funding"
For individual categories, please click the links below. It is recommended that you speak with Municipal Staff before submitting an application by calling (902) 541-1343.
Grant categories include:
- pdf Annual Operating (249 KB) : to provide assistance for annual operating costs. (Grant maximum $5,000. Deadline to apply - March 1st annually)
- pdf Canada Day (247 KB) : to provide assistance for the hosting of a community celebration on July 1st that recognizes Canada Day. (Grant maximum $1,200)
- Comfort Centre Generator Funding: to provide assistance for community centres and fire halls wishing to act as comfort centres during emergencies. (Grant Maximum $8,000. Deadline to apply - March 1st annually) Memorandum of Understanding
- pdf Community Economic Development (265 KB) : to provide assistance for the development of projects, events, or initiatives that promote the area and foster community economic growth. (Grant maximum $1,000)
: to provide assistance for the hosting and/or delivery of a National or Provincial event.
(Grant maximum $2,000)
- pdf Community Recreation Capital (273 KB) : to provide assistance for the expansion or improvement of an indoor or outdoor cultural, social, heritage and/or recreation facility and/or equipment for projects under $10,000. (Grant maximum $1,000)
- pdf Community Recreation Program (202 KB) : to provide assistance for the delivery of a new or expanded cultural, social, heritage and/or recreation program. (Grant maximum $500)
- pdf Elite Athlete Travel (214 KB) : to provide assistance to elite athletes in Lunenburg County with their travel when competing at international events. (Grant maximum $2,000)
- pdf Emergency Assistance Fund for Community Facilities Grant Program (166 KB) supports organizations impacted by COVID-19 cancellations. pdf Application form (968 KB) .
- pdf Events Promotion Grant (273 KB) : to attract new large-scale events to the area that demonstrate a net Economic Impact to the District of Lunenburg. (Grant maximum $20,000)
- pdf Leadership Training (286 KB) : to provide assistance to volunteers seeking training that will continue to expand the programs, services, and activities provided by many community organizations. (Grant maximum $300)
- pdf Major Recreation Capital (334 KB) : to provide assistance for the expansion or improvement of an indoor or outdoor cultural, social, heritage and/or recreation facility and/or equipment for capital projects of $10,000 or more. (Grant maximum $10,000. Deadline to apply - March 1 annually)
- pdf Positive Recreation Opportunities (PRO Kids) (206 KB) : to provide assistance to youth and their families who reside in the Municipality, who due to financial limitations, would not be able to participate in recreational, sport, or cultural activities. For more information, visit our PRO Kids page.
- pdf Remembrance Day (233 KB) : to provide assistance for hosting a community event on November 11th in recognition of our Veterans and those currently serving our country. (Grant maximum $250)
- pdf Sponsorship Ad Requests (253 KB) : to provide assistance for advertising to local, not-for-profit organizations for projects, events, or initiatives that benefit residents of, and are within the mandate, of the Municipality. (Grant maximum $500)
- pdf Youth Travel (264 KB) : to provide assistance to individuals, teams, or groups of youth travelling to national competitions in sport or cultural events. (Grant maximum $200 per team or $50 individual)