Active Planning Cases
To view the active planning cases, please visit https://engage.modl.ca/.
In areas covered by a Land Use By-law, Development Permit pdf Permit Application Form (138 KB) is required before any development takes place on a property. Development means:
1. Changes to a structure, such as any new construction, addition, alteration, replacement, or relocation; and
2. Changes to a land use, such as residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural uses.
If your property is in any of the following communities, your land may be subject to a Land Use By-law pdf Plan Area Map (1.45 MB) :
• Village of Hebbville
• Community of Blockhouse
• Community of Oakland
• Princes Inlet and Area (Maders Cove, Sunny Brook, Martin's Brook, and Herman's Island)
• Riverport and District (Riverport, Lower and Middle LaHave, Feltzen South, Rose Bay, and Kingsburg)
• Osprey Village (part of Cookville)
• Lunenburg Municipal Industrial Planning Area (Oakhill and Harold Whynott Road)
If an individual starts construction without a Development Permit, they are in violation of the Land Use By-law and Council can take legal action, such as fine or order removal. The Municipality has a violation policy pdf Policy 015 (85 KB) which outlines the process to be followed in such instances.
Zoning Confirmation Letter & Property Report
If zoning information is required specific to a property and provided in writing, the Municipality requires a form to be completed, along with fee. Details on the location of the property and the intended use will be required to provide the most correct information.